2/4/14

Vastu - Recycled Lighting

I love finding unique little stores full of funky handmade items.  Not too long ago, during a little trip to San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua (ok ok ok, it was like 6 month ago and I've just been slacking on posting!) we stumbled upon a little recycled lighting store named Vastu.




Vastu is full of lighting fixtures, table lamps and hanging lighting all made from recycled plastic bottles, bottle caps, driftwood and newspaper.  The artist is a soft spoken, slight Italian transplant named Massimo Argnani, who seemed more than happy to let me turn on and off almost every light in the store to see the colors :)  I'm like a small child in places like this.  I've gotta touch e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. 


I love the way he uses all the different color bottles, cutting them and forming them into all kinds of great shapes and patterns.

This past weekend I visited San Juan again and was sad to see that Vastu wasn't there anymore.  But, when I looked him up on FB, I saw he had moved to Managua.  Glad to see he's still making all this wonderful lamps and goodies.  To see more of Massimo's amazing creations, visit him on Facebook.

1 comment:


  1. Considered to be a traditional science of architecture, vastu resolves the relationship between a building and its surrounding environment and Vastu for office, Vastu for Industries. Once you understand this basic idea, you can easily apply this to your warehouse, which is the place where your business receives, stores and dispatches its materials or products and Vastu for Factory, Vastu for Home.

    ReplyDelete